Football super-agent, Mino Raiola who hails from Italy has sadly passed away from a yet to be disclosed illness.
In January, his official Twitter account confirmed his health status saying he underwent surgery as planned and not due to an emergency.
The tweet reads: “Mino Raiola is undergoing ordinary medical checks that require anestesia. All was planned and no emergency surgery happened.”
What you should know about Raiola
- The multilingual football agent started his agency career with a sports agent firm, Sports Promotion where he gained early experience in brokering deals involving players.
- He worked his way up from humble beginnings to become one of the most influential figures in football, brokering mega-deals involving big players.
- He was the agent to a lot of players in Football with the most prominent ones being the likes of Haaland, De Ligt, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Paul Pogba.
- Others include players like Mario Balotelli, Donnarumma, Verratti, Lozano, Mkhitaryan amongst others.
- The 54-year-old was involved in some huge transfers in the world game. He brokered the £89 million deal which took Paul Pogba back to Manchester United from Juventus which was a world records fee back then in 2016.
- It was reported that Raiola earned as much as £20million from Pogba’s world record Manchester United deal, allowing him to purchase the former Miami home of notorious American mob boss, Al Capone.
- Forbes estimated last year that Raiola’s personal wealth was in the region of £62m.