Application for Akademie Schloss Solitude Fellowship 2022-2023 is ongoing!
Akademie Schloss Solitude supports young artists, scholars, scientists, as well as cultural and economic professionals via residential fellowships only.
Are you interested in applying for a residential fellowship? You will find all information on conditions, benefits, and the selection procedure on this page.
To apply successfully, kindly read through this piece to learn the full details about this award- the eligibility criteria, requirements, application deadline, and more. The table below will give you an overview of what you should expect.
Conditions for Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship
The candidates should not be older than 40. Applications from students enrolled in degree programs will not be considered; PhD students may submit applications. A very limited number of fellowships can be awarded regardless of the applicants’ age. Application rounds for Solitude fellowships are held every two years. The jury awards a maximum of 65 fellows. 45 live/work studios and three guest studios are available.
Applications of artist groups are possible. If you apply as part of an artist group each group member must fill in an application on their own behalf.
Double applications to the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg gGmbH (Arts Foundation Baden-Württemberg) and the AkademieSchloss Solitude are not permitted.
Applicants whose applications are refused during the current selection procedure may send in applications during two other rounds (maximum). Former fellows of the Akademie Schloss Solitude are not eligible.
Knowledge of either German and/or English and/or French is a prerequisite for application.
The Solitude fellowship is a residential fellowship. Fellows are obliged to spend at least two-thirds of their fellowships at the Akademie. All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register residence).
Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship- Benefits
The fellowship includes the following benefits:
- A free, furnished living/working studio including electricity, water and heating,
- A monthly fellowship grant of € 1,200,
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure (on a one-time basis).
The Akademie also offers optional additional benefits which are adjustable under the current budget situation:
- Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials, tools, instruments and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s home town,
- Project funding and one-off materials subsidy,
- Health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
Fellows may use the Akademie’s carpentry and metal workshops under the supervision of the resident managers. They also have access to a digital film editing studio, a printing and copying room, two small libraries, and several computer workstations.
The Akademie maintains 42 living and working studios, and three guest studios. These studios are usually only equipped for one person due to their size and the buildings’ historic design. The Akademie does its best to accommodate families/partners. Please note that this is not always possible in the case of families/partners from abroad, because entry and residence regulations must be observed.
- New jurors are appointed every 24 months.
- The international first-rate jury guarantees that the chosen fellows are of a high artistic and scientific level.
- The jurors base their decisions on the qualitative aspects of work samples submitted by the applicants.
- There is no legal entitlement to the allocation of a fellowship. The applicant will be informed of the jury’s decision in writing, but no reasons will be given. Individuals embarking on fellowships receive a foundation contract and a set of house rules. Fellowships are deemed legally effective after the foundation contract has been signed.
Application Deadline for Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship
The application round starts on September 1, 2022, and ends on November 30, 2022. During this time you will have to complete and hand in your application.
After registering on this website you will apply online and you will be guided through the application process.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
We Also Recommend
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box. We will attend to you immediately.