The Wentcher Foundation is glad to announce its Wentcher Scholars Program to high-performing Chicago Public Schools students to aid them in pursuing a degree.
The Wentcher Foundation Scholarship is meant to aid high-performing CPS students with financial assistance to pursue a degree at accredited, not-for-profit college or university of their choice located within the United States.
The CPS Wentcher Scholars Program awards 50+ scholarships valued at up to $10,000 to Chicago Public Schools seniors each year.
Funded by founder and benefactor Ernest Wentcher, the Foundation awards scholarships on the basis of academic merit, character, and financial need.
Since 2002, the Foundation has encouraged over 300 Scholars with more than $5 million in student funding.
What You Need To Know About the Wentcher Scholarship
Level/Field of Study
It is open to public school seniors graduating. These Scholarships are available to study an undergraduate degree program awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
The scholarship is to be taken in the USA. Selection of awards will be based on the overall quality of submitted entries and will be the sole discretion of the Wentcher Foundation
This scholarship is for USA students. If you are an international student and you wish to study in America, this is a List of Latest Undergraduate Scholarships for America 2022-2023
- The Foundation awards 70+ renewable scholarships of $10,000 to CPS students annually.
- Wentcher Scholars who continue to meet the Foundation’s guidelines may renew their scholarships for up to four years of undergraduate support, totaling up to $40,000.
Eligibility for Wentcher Foundation Scholarship:
- Open to Chicago Public Schools seniors graduating in June 2022
- Minimum 3.0 unweighted GPA
- Minimum 20 composite ACT (or 1030 composite SAT)
- Open to all students who are eligible to receive federal financial aid. Applications from US citizens, legal permanent residents, and eligible non-citizens will be considered. If you are not sure about your eligibility status, visit the Federal Student Aid website.
How to Apply for Wentcher Foundation Scholarship:
- An official transcript uploaded by your school
- An ACT score report
- Two letters of recommendation written by a teacher, counselor, or other professional qualified to comment on your potential to succeed in college
- University admissions letter, if available
- Description of your work history, volunteer experience, extracurriculars, leadership, honors, and/or achievements
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and an uploaded copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report (SAR)
- Essay (minimum 500 words): Tell us your story and why you should receive a Wentcher Scholarship. [Help us understand who you are, your history or your goals, and/or how the Wentcher Scholarship will help you attain your dreams.]
Link for More Information:
Wentcher Foundation Scholarship Deadline:
Applications for the 2022 CPS Wentcher Scholarship are closed.