The Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarships, in collaboration with NSERC Postgraduate scholarships, provides financial aid for students who are pursuing their doctoral degrees in Canada.
The scholarship is available for high achieving students in the Fields of Engineering and Natural Sciences for their research-based doctoral program.
The Bell scholarship is worth an annual amount of 35 000 dollars for the duration of studies (two or three years) and the NSERC scholarship is worth an annual amount of 21 000 for the duration of studies (two or three years).
The applicants who make the highest cuts are offered the Bell Canada scholarship while the runner-ups in the applications are awarded the NSERC postgraduate scholarships.
Just take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum has arranged every detail you need to be an applicant in the Bell Canada Scholarships.
What You Need To Know About Bell Canada Scholarships.
FIELD OF STUDY
The Bell scholarship and the NSERC scholarships are used for research-based doctoral degree programs. The Bell scholarship and the NSERC scholarships are used for studies in the fields of engineering and natural sciences supported by NSERC as listed:
- Cellular and molecular biology
- Chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering
- Civil and industrial engineering
- Computing sciences
- Earth sciences
- Electrical engineering
- Evolution and ecology
- Mathematical Sciences
- Mechanical engineering
- Physics and astronomy
- Plant and animal biology
The Bell scholarship and the NSERC scholarships are accepted in any Canadian Universities.
Type of Award:
The types of scholarships available are CGS D and PGS D. The CGS D scholarship is the Abraham Graham Bell Canada Graduate Scholarships while the PGS D is the NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships.
Bell Scholarship Worth
- The Bell scholarship is worth an annual amount of 35 000 dollars for the duration of studies.
- The NSERC scholarship is worth an annual amount of 21 000 for the duration of studies.
NUMBER OF AWARDS
The number of applicants to receive the Bell Canada Scholarship and NSERC scholarships differ.
The Bell scholarship and the NSERC scholarships are both available for two or three years, depending on the duration of studies.
Two years for applicants who already hold their master’s degree. Three years for applicants who are applying directly from their bachelor’s degrees.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR BELL CANADA SCHOLARSHIP
In order to be considered for the Bell scholarship and the NSERC scholarship, the applicant must apply before the deadline, in addition to meeting all of the criteria listed below.
- An applicant must be a citizen of Canada or hold a Canadian permanent residency permit.
- An applicant must be intending to pufull-timely time research-based doctoral program in the next year of application.
- An applicant must be applying into the field of engineering or natural sciences as supported by NSERC (Cellular and molecular biology, Chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering, Chemistry, Civil and industrial engineering, Computing sciences, Earth sciences, Electrical engineering, Evolution and ecology, Mathematical Sciences, Mechanical engineering, Physics and Astronomy, Plant and animal biology, and Psychology.
- An applicant must not already be under any of the scholarships provided either by NSERC, SSHRC, or CIHR for their doctorate program in Canadian universities.
For more information on criteria for eligibility for the Bell Canada and NSERC scholarship, please visit the official scholarship website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/Eligibility-Admissibilite_eng.asp
HOW TO APPLY FOR BELL CANADA SCHOLARSHIP
Before you apply:
Applicants are expected to provide complete information on the degrees they have completed before the application.
This information includes; the date of completion of the requirements of the completed degree programs, the dates of external defense and the submission of the copy containing the corrections of the thesis which must be in accordance with the regulations of the applicant’s previous institutions.
Please, note that the SLO (Scholarship Liaison Officer) holds the right to confirm the information provided.
An applicant is expected to submit no more than one application annually.
There are two modes of application.
- The applicant either applies through the institution the applicant is applying to for acceptance. If one wishes to apply directly through the institution, one can find the information one needs from the institution directly like the application methods, requirements, and deadlines. (These differ from institution to institution).
- The applicant can apply directly to NSERC: The applicant would need to have a personal log in into the NSERC server. The link to creating a login can be found on the official scholarship website or follow the link to be automatic redirected:http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-ServicesEnLigne/Index_eng.asp
For further application instructions and to download the PDF format of the application forms, please visit the official scholarship website or follow the link to be automatic redirected:http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/_doc/Students-Etudiants/SelectionCommitteeGuide_e.pdf
To make a direct application to NSERC, please visit the official website of NSERC or follow the link: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/PG-CS/BellandPostgrad-BelletSuperieures_eng.asp#apply
For more information on the Bell Canada scholarship and NSERC scholarship, visit the scholarship website for or follow the link to be automatic redirected:http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/OnlineServices-ServicesEnLigne/Forms-Formulaires_eng.asp
For inquiries and contact information, please, visit the scholarship website for a directory on the available contacts or follow the link to be automatically redirected: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/ContactUs-ContactezNous/ContactDirectory-RepertoiredeContact_eng.asp#Students-Etudiants
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR BELL CANADA SCHOLARSHIP
The deadlines for the application for the Bell Canada Scholarship and NSERC scholarship are dependent on the mode of application.
For application through the institution: the deadlines are usually provided by the institution.
For application to NSERC directly: the annual application deadline is 15th October.
For more information on deadlines, please visit the official scholarship website or follow the link to be automatically redirected: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/PG-CS/BellandPostgrad-BelletSuperieures_eng.asp#deadlines
Official scholarship website: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/
The candidates for the scholarships are selected according to the application values. The applicants with the best-rated applications are awarded the Bell Canada Scholarship.
The next people in the tier of the applicant rating are awarded the NSERC scholarship.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. However, if no, leave a comment on the comment box to express your concern or ask the question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.