The Alberta Advanced Education, in partnership with the Alberta Innovates initiative is currently offering the Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship.
This venture invests in the support and provision of graduate awards to academically superior graduate students undertaking full-time research education at an Alberta university, leading to a research-based master’s or doctoral degree.
The Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarships program (GSS) is designed to enable these promising students to succeed in Platform Areas of scientific research which are strategically important to Alberta. These areas are Information and Communications Technology (ICT), Nanotechnology, and Omics.
The University of Alberta (also known as U of A and UAlberta) is a public research university located in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. It was founded in 1908 by Alexander Cameron Rutherford, the first premier of Alberta.
The University of Alberta is a major economic driver in Alberta. The university’s impact on the Alberta economy is an estimated $12.3 billion annually or five percent of the province’s gross domestic product.
What You Need To Know About Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship in Canada
The Alberta Innovates Initiative has been known over the years to be the budding platform of highly innovative brains. These geniuses are found across various career paths ranging from the health sector, engineering, sciences, medicine, humanities, etc.
Aside from offering graduate awards, one other major area the Alberta Innovates Initiative has really stood out is in the area of health innovations.
The Alberta Innovates Health Solutions is a subsidiary stream of the Alberta Innovates Initiative which supports and offers funding to highly viable and scalable health innovations and startups. They support a community of researchers who generate seasoned and well-informed knowledge that improves the quality of life and health across the world.
Have you a viable health innovation idea that could change the world? Please contact Alberta Innovates Health Solutions (AIHS) for funding opportunities. Another similar opportunity like the Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentship scholarship is the Queen Elizabeth ii graduate scholarship.
Kindly find all the details concerning the Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentship scholarship below:
LEVEL/FIELD OF STUDY:
The Alberta Innovates Graduate Studentship scholarship is available to pursue a graduate degree program at the University of Alberta. Scholarships are awarded in Scientific Research.
The scholarship can be taken in CANADA. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The scholarship is available for Canadian citizens. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
Master’s full value: $26,000
PhD full value: $31,000
Top-up value: $12,000
ALBERTA INNOVATES GRADUATE STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY:
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Canadian citizens.
- Entrance Requirements:
- A minimum of 3.5 GPA is an eligibility requirement for all applicants. The GPA will be calculated based on the current graduate program graded coursework at the University of Alberta, or, if a student is newly admitted, AGPA will be used to determine eligibility.
• Students applying for a master’s level Alberta Innovates GSS must have been admitted to their master’s program no earlier than spring 2021.
• Students applying for a doctoral-level Alberta Innovates GSS must have been admitted to their doctoral program no earlier than spring 2019. Please note that in the case when you transfer from a master’s to a PhD program, the time spent in your master’s program counts towards the time spend in your PhD.
• Students cannot receive more than a total of four years of combined Master’s/doctoral Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship funding.
• There are no citizenship restrictions on this award.
• Your study and research must fall into the categories funded by Alberta Innovates: ICT, Nano, and Omics.
• If you are not yet registered in a graduate program at UAlberta, your eligibility to apply for the Alberta Innovates GSS is contingent upon meeting all eligibility requirements for admission to a UAlberta graduate program. You should contact your prospective department for information on those requirements and must apply for this competition through that department.
• Each candidate must be sponsored by a faculty supervisor, possessing both a record of productive research within an Alberta Innovates-funded research area (ICT, Nano, Omics) and sufficient resources to ensure the satisfactory conduct of the research
How To Apply For The Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship
Applications sent directly to the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research (FGSR) by the applicant and/or applications received without a University of Alberta ID will not be considered.
The complete application package contains:
- Alberta Innovates Graduate Student Scholarship Application form- ensure that both you and your supervisor have signed the application
- Two Letters of Reference: A Letter of Reference to Support Application for Graduate Awards Form must be completed and signed by each applicant’s referee. The confidential letter of reference may accompany the standard letter of reference form, but may not replace such. Departments are asked to ensure the letters of reference are in sealed envelopes if submitted by the applicant, or sent directly to the department if submitted by the referee. This particular form is mandatory.
- Copies of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
- Incoming students: All transcripts of university degree programs submitted as part of the admission application are accessible to FGSR. No additional transcripts are required.
• Current U of A students: Up-to-date official U of A transcripts are the only transcripts FGSR requires.
• Foreign Transcripts: If FGSR does not have a certified English translation of your transcript on file, one must be submitted with the application.
Application Deadline: October 12, 2021
WE ALSO RECOMMEND:
Does this article meet your immediate needs? If yes, leave us with a 5-star rating in the Review Box below. If no, leave a comment in the comment box to express your concern or ask a question and we will get back to you as soon as possible.