The Central European University is calling for applications for its Open Learning Initiative-University Preparatory Program (OLIve-UP), a course of study that aims to prepare refugee-status students in Hungary and other European Economic Area for master’s degree programs. It does this through the Central European University Fully Funded Scholarships.
The Open Learning Initiative – University Preparatory Program is an intensive, full-time, fully funded course of study for individuals with refugee status with the goal of preparing students for higher education study.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be in English.
Scholarships are available for pursuing master’s degree programs.
Field of study:
Central European University Fully Funded Scholarships are for Masters preparatory programs
This is a full-time, fully-funded course.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
Applications from individuals with refugee status, or are in a refugee-like situation, in Hungary or another European Economic Area (EEA)
Eligibility for Central European University Fully Funded Scholarships:
The eligbility requirements for the Central European University Fully Funded Scholarships inlcude;
- OLIve-UP accepts students intending to prepare for MA study.
- The program accepts applications from individuals with refugee status, or are in a refugee-like situation, in Hungary or another European Economic Area (EEA) state who have:
An interest in pursuing further university study
A Bachelor’s degree or had their Bachelor’s degree programs interrupted? CEU OLIve may be able to help you apply for a Masters degree.
- The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be in English.
Checklist of the documents to submit:
- A CV (in English), with details of your academic background and work experience, if any. Please also indicate your English level.
- A Letter of Motivation (maximum 2 pages) stating why you would like to participate in this program and describing your academic and professional achievements, as well as interests and goals for the future and how further university study will help you achieve these.
- Scan copy or photocopy of your diploma and a transcript of previous grades if you have these available
- Up to two reference letters (one is mandatory), if possible one from someone familiar with your academic experience or skills to date. In the application form, you will have to provide the name and contact details of a person familiar with your past academic performance, ideally a former teacher or university lecturer who can write a reference for you. If you are not able to contact an academic referee, then please provide the contact details of a previous employer. The referee will be contacted by CEU and will upload the reference. If you have copies of other references, you may upload additional reference(s) in the section ‘Qualifications – Other Supporting Documents’ or have these sent via email directly by your referee(s).
- If you have a sample of academic writing in English (e.g an essay prepared for a university program) please submit this in the section ‘Qualifications – Other Supporting Documents’. Your application will still be considered and will not be at a disadvantage if you do not have a writing sample.
How to Apply:
Submit a completed online application form.