Wits-TUB Urban Lab is glad to announce its Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships in South Africa. For the year 2022, the scholarship is available for the school of Architecture and planning.
Scholarships are open to both South African citizens and citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa to pursue their master’s studies.
The bilateral Wits-TUB Urban Lab programme supported by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) seeks to improve graduate education in urban fields across sub-Saharan Africa.
Wits is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice.
The University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, is a multi-campus South African public research university situated in the northern areas of central Johannesburg. It is more commonly known as Wits University or Wits.
What You Need To Know About Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships
Wits-TUB Urban Lab focus is a programme includes bilateral exchange activities, workshops, and conferences implemented through the Wits-TUB Urban Lab and will focus on four innovation areas that
address SDG implementation in urban areas:
• Politics and policy of the urban
• Understanding complex urban systems
• Managing change processes
• Coproducing knowledge
between theory and practice (Wits-TUB Urban Studio) The scholarship recipients will benefit from guest lectures, a joint supervision scheme, and a summer school at Wits University.
Scholarships are available to pursue a Master’s degree programme.
The master’s scholarships apply to the following 1-year full-time degrees at Wits University in Johannesburg, supported by a bilateral programme with TU Berlin:
- MSc Development Planning (MSc DP)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Sustainable Energy Efficient Cities – MUS (SEEC)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Housing and Human Settlements – MUS (HHS)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Politics and Governance (MUS – UPG)
- Master of Urban Studies in the field of Urban Management – MUS (US)
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa. International Scholarships are available for International students wishing to study abroad in any country. You can also check our scholarship by country category for more scholarship updates.
Scholarships are open to South African citizens and citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Democratic Republic), Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- The master’s scholarship covers the duration of one academic year. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a contract stipulating the conditions of the scholarship.
The scholarship includes:
- Full tuition fee
- Monthly stipend (living expenses including subsistence expenses, accommodation, other costs)
- Travel from the home country/ place of origin is covered.
- Costs of Summer/Spring School in Berlin
Fully Funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships Eligibility:
Entrance Requirements: Scholarships are open to:
- South African citizens
- Citizens from other countries in sub-Saharan Africa
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualifications to be granted the scholarship. There is no age limit applying to the scholarships for study purposes. However, at the time of the application, no more than 6 years should have passed since an applicant graduated from his/her previous bachelor or master studies.
- All scholarship applicants must have applied for admission to the relevant degree (as per the above list) at Wits University and be in possession of a ‘person number’ which is issued by Wits University upon application for admission into a degree.
English Language Requirements: The University of the Witwatersrand is an English medium university. International students from non-English speaking countries must provide proof of English proficiency.
How to Apply for This Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships
Every applicant has to fill in the first basic application form before they can access the full form. The whole application process (including online access to the application form) is found at https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/
- The University of the Witwatersrand is an English medium university. International students from non-English speaking countries must provide proof of English proficiency. Please refer to the URL above for further information.
- Applications for admission to postgraduate degrees at Wits University for South African and international students for study in 2022 close 30 September 2022. The ‘person number’ provided upon application for admission must be included in the scholarship application form.
- Applicants whose previous degrees were obtained at a university outside South Africa must have their qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). This process may happen in parallel to the submission of an application for admission.
Please send the completed application form to the following email address: lebo.skhosana-at-wits.ac.za.
Fully funded Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships deadline:
The deadline for submitting Interdisciplinary Bilateral Master Scholarships is September 30 every year.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
Do you find this content helpful or do you have questions relating to the information we provided here? Please kindly drop a comment on our comment box and we will get back to you as soon as possible.