Non-Chinese citizens who are seeking financial resources to support their doctoral or master’s degree are welcome to apply for the TBSI scholarship. The scholarship is for PhD and Master’s students at Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI).
All prospective international students are encouraged to submit their applications.
TBSI scholarship is a Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) scholarships, Prospective international students can follow the instructions below in submitting the application. This award program is available to pursue any study subject offered by TBSI.
Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute (TBSI) was jointly established in 2014 by the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) and the Tsinghua University, with the full support of Shenzhen Municipal Government, on the initiative of building a bridge across disciplines, cultures, and countries, academia and industry, and an unprecedented platform for international collaboration, fostering future entrepreneurs and leaders in science and technology.
What You Need To Know About The TBSI scholarship
Level/Field of Study
The TBSI Scholarship is available for master’s and Ph.D. degree students in any subject of the university. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you: Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The scholarship is open to international students/non-Chinese. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad, you can check out our Study Abroad scholarships available for International students.
- Tuition cost for doctoral program: 40,000 CNY/annum
- Tuition cost for master’s program: 33,000 CNY/annum
- Medical insurance: 600 CNY/annum
- Application cost: 800 CNY
- Accommodation on campus: approx. 1,000 CNY/month for single rooms. (Kindly note that all students are required to pay a two-month deposit plus six-month pay-ahead rental expense when checking in their dormitory. The rent should be paid every six months thereafter.
TBSI scholarship Eligibility:
To be eligible, you must:
- Be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree or a degree equivalent to a Chinese Bachelor’s degree (or above) – for Master’s Degree program applicant
- Obtain a Master’s Degree or a degree equivalent to a Chinese Master’s degree (or above) – for Doctoral Degree program applicant
What do you need to submit?
- Personal statement
- Academic transcript
- HSK certificate and score report (if applicable)
- Two academic recommendation letters
- Passport personal information page
How to Apply For The TBSI scholarship
- Go to Online Application System at:http://gradadmission.tsinghua.edu.cn/f/login;
- Create an account and complete the application form;
- Upload the required supporting documents;
- Pay the application fee online at the time of submission.
First round: December 15th, at 08:00 AM (Beijing Time)
Second round: January 1, 2022, at 08:00 – March 1, 2022, at 17:00 PM (Beijing Time)
Last round: March 15, 2022, at 8:00 AM – May 1, 2022 at 17:00 PM (Beijing Time)