Applications are currently submitted for the Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students to study in UK 2022 academic session.
Applicants to satisfactorily meet up with the eligibility criteria so as to ensure qualification for this program.
What You Need to Know about Shell Niger Delta Scholarship:
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) announces its first Postgraduate Scholarship program for Nigerians.
The objective of the scheme is to provide an opportunity for qualifying students from any state and the federal capital territory to acquire a Master’s Degree in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, with a specific focus on Geotechnical Engineering and Hydrography at renowned universities in the United Kingdom.
SNEPCo, in partnership with three universities, namely the University of Birmingham, Newcastle University, and University of Plymouth, will award three (3) scholarships for one year M.Sc, studies for the academic year commencing September 2022.
Level/ Fields of Study:
It covers postgraduate. The following courses qualify for an award of scholarships at the three institutions:
The host for the Shell Niger Delta postgraduate scholarships for Nigerians is the Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo) in the UK.
This Scholarship is available for Nigerian students.
How Much is the Scholarship?
The scholarship will cover full tuition fees, one return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK, and a contribution towards living expenses only.
To qualify for the Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students, applicants must:
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- Have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- Gain admission to study on one of the eligible courses at the college has applied through the normal application process;
- Already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- Have completed their National Youth Service by September 2022
- Be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- Have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed countries.
- Be between the ages of 21-28 years by 30/09/2022.
- Currently reside in Nigeria
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed program of study.
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2022
- Be employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Shell Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students to study in the UK, applicants must adhere to the following:
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of Imperial College London, the University of Leeds, and the University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2022.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only.
More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements.
Important Notes: Please note that the stipends are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only