How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Egusi Soup: Egusi soup is one of the favorite soups of many in Nigeria. Many people love this soup due to the good taste that comes with it after it has been successfully cooked.
However, this soup can be served with different swallows like what is known as pounded Yam in Nigeria, TUWO, FUFU, GARRI OR WHEAT, or Semolina. This blog post is for educative purposes on how to prepare delicious Nigerian Egusi Soup. Today we will be looking at the process that is needed to be applied when preparing this soup.
How To Prepare Delicious Nigerian Egusi Soup
They are some other soups that you can learn from in other posts that we have posted earlier but this particular post is for the Nigerian Egus soup-making process. They are various methods by which Egusi soup can be prepared. But I’m basically going to teach you how to make Egusi soup using this simple method.
This yummy Nigerian Egusi soup was made with: dried Prawns, grounded melon, smoked chicken, pumpkin leaf, and dried fish. The above listed will give the Egusi soup the desired taste needed.
Ingredients For Making Nigerian Egusi Soup
Before you prepare a delicious Nigerian Egusi Soup you need some ingredients to achieve the desired look and taste that you want your soup to have.Below are some of the ingredients needed in preparing a Nigerian Egusi soup.
- Grounded melon
2. smoked Chicken
3. Pumpkin Leaf
5. Seasoning Cubes
6. Nigerian dried pepper
Simple Procedures of cooking Nigerian Egusi Soup
Delicious Nigerian Egusi soup can be prepared in many ways and we will be discussing in details the different procedures that this Egusi cooking can be prepared with.
Frying method: Frying method is one of my favourite method out of many methods used in preparing a delicious Nigerian Egusi Soup.This method involves puttting red oil inside a frying pan and after some minutes you add the grounded egusi seed and afterwards wou will add other necessasry ingredients needed to make your soup yummy.
Boiling method: Boiling method is another procedure that Nigerian Egusi Soup can be prepared in.This method involves adding of water into a pot.When the water boils after some minutes you will add the Egusi seed and other necessary ingredients needed for the cooking to come out good.
Simple Procedures Needed In Cooking Delicious Nigerian Egusi Soup
- Firstly, you need to add a jug of water and mix it with the seed melon to form a mix and set aside. Wash thoroughly the pumpkin leaf and cut it into pieces after that drain the leaf in a colander and keep it aside.
- Secondly, put a pot and allow it to heat for some time, add your palm oil,, and allow it to heat for 4 minutes then add the sliced onions.
- Thirdly, add pepper mix, and locust beans, and stir continuously to mix together. Allow it to a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Fourthly, add smoked chicken, crayfish, dried fish, and salt, and stir to combine. Add seasoning cubes and adjust accordingly. Continue to cook for another 15 minutes, check at intervals and stir to avoid the Egusi soup getting burnt.
- Finally, add your sliced chopped pumpkin leaf and stir thoroughly to combine. Take the soup down and serve it with Semolina, fufu, pounded yam, etc.
Thanks for visiting our food website. You can learn more about us by clicking here